Traveling is Fun. Being Sick While Away From Home is Not!
AFC Urgent Care of Portland's travel health programs are cost-effective and convenient, and your one-stop destination for international travel medicine needs for you, your family, employees and groups.
Medical preparation for travel is increasingly important and is as important as buying tickets or obtaining passports and visas. Not only are there more serious health risks present around the world, but there are more available methods for prevention and treatment.
Opportunities for prevention should not be overlooked by any traveler, regardless of destination. People now travel more and visit more interesting destinations for business and recreation and they also now have many more options in travel vaccinations, immunizations and medications.
To expedite your care, AFC Urgent Care of Portland has set up an on-line questionnaire for you to complete prior to your visit. Your AFC Urgent Care of Portland physician will then customize an immunization program for you based on the information you provide and can help you assemble a travel medical kit that will help protect you against malaria, food and water borne diarrhea illness, and motion sickness.
- AFC Urgent Care of Portland has all travel vaccines necessary to protect patients on vacation, safari, mission trips, study abroad semesters, business trips, or inter-country adoption.
- Anti-Malaria and Anti-Diarrheal
- We can also provide prescriptions for anti-malarial and anti-diarrheal medications.
- No matter where you are traveling, you should know that you could be exposed to certain organisms that can cause severe illness. As a new or even experienced international traveler you should be educated about risks for the countries you will be visiting. Armed with facts and the right vaccines, AFC Urgent Care of Portland helps travelers stay healthy during their international vacations.
- Motion and Altitude Sickness
- Your AFC Urgent Care of Portland physician can help you assemble a medical kit to help protect against these ailments.
As a new or even experienced international traveler you should be educated about the environment you'll be visiting. We reference the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) for the most up to date information regarding your travel needs.
Ideally, patients should schedule their appointments with AFC Urgent Care of Portland 4-6 weeks prior to their departure date. However, AFC Urgent Care of Portland will always accommodate last minute travelers.